Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ten Things Tuesday


Here's my contribution to the blogosphere's "Ten Things Tuesday." I actually starting drafting this post over the weekend, and it was entitled "Ten Things Tuesday: The Annoyances Edition". But then last night, when I was kinda feeling negative about a lot of things (the economy, for example), I STOPPED myself and said "look around and find ten GOOD things - and then make THOSE the content of the blog". So I did. I actually wrote two lists, one of things that are more trivial/material/fun in nature, and one of more serious items. I'm posting the "funner" one today, and will think about doing the serious one on another Tuesday.


TEN THINGS THAT MAKE LIFE HAPPIER, BETTER, AND/OR FUNNER

1. TiVo - all my shows, whenever I want (including "Gilmore Girls" and "M*A*S*H" re-runs that I then use as nighttime tranqualizers when DarlingMan is not here).

2. Things made of FLEECE - socks, jackets, blankets, bath robes. Its furry plushness is a fleecey delight!

3. Bluetooth devices - I can have my phone stuck into my ear (both hands on the wheel, then), and my mouse and keyboard free from the cords that limit and bind.

4. The time-sucking FaceBook, in all its precocious and precious glory, because it's brought friends and family back into my life in a way that would not otherwise have happened.

5. Frequent diner cards at my favorite cheap restaurants, because eventually they result in free food!

6. BOOKS, oh books - because outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend... and inside of a dog, it is too dark to read.

7. Dry erase markers that made my classroom bright and freed my sinuses from the assault of chalkdust.

8. Cap'n Crunch cereal, especially Crunchberries. 'Cause they're YUM-O!

9. Containers of gum with lots of pieces that fit into the cupholder of my car. Handy!

10. The ability to keep up with tons of blogs and news sites, thanks to RSS feeds.

I'll be at the UAGC Conference for the next few days, trying to assume the weighty mantle of my new role as Advocacy/Legislative Vice-President. Argh. Posting may be thin, so let me say now that I've cast my lot with the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.

Stay warm and dry!

Image credit

3 comments:

  1. Good job of catching yourself and trying to focus on the positive. I tend to be very negative so I understand the struggle to be positive.

    #1 I LOVE M*A*S*H reruns, too!

    #8 They make Cap'n Crunch cereal in my city and you can always tell when because a large part of the city smells like Crunchberries - it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get Cap'n Crunch in Israel but it is does making my mouth a'waterin! Fantastic list. Love the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you positive comments.
    My daughters both love FaceBook. I don't dare start it. I am glad it helps you stay connected with your friends and family.
    Good luck at your conference.

    ReplyDelete