Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things

I haven't really seen any good memes to steal from other blogs this weekend, so I'll post the "25 Random Things About Me" viral note that's been going around Facebook all week (a whole bunch of people have tagged me, so I guess it's inevitable). Here ya go:

1. I love, love, love dietCoke – cold, delicious and loaded with bad chemicals.

2. I love unsweetened iced green tea from Starbucks almost as much. Unfortunately, it’s about half the beverage volume for twice the price.

3. I don’t like seafood.

4. I was a nanny from after I finished my undergraduate degree until I was almost through with grad school. This was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

5. I almost drowned at Moonlight Beach in San Diego when I was 10 or so.

6. I was a varsity swimmer in high school.

7. I sang in junior-high and high school choral groups, and I miss that type of activity. But I’m too lazy and intimidated to do anything about it at this point in my life.

8. I recently made the switch from PC to Mac and could not be happier!

9. I once walked the length of the National Mall, over the bridge, and to the Arlington National Cemetery (by myself) – in a fine mist on a gray spring day with the tulips in bloom. It was beautiful.

10. I am a klutz.

11. I like my dogs better than I like many people.

12. I like sleeping next to the DarlingMan better than sleeping next to BeagleDog. This makes BeagleDog a little bummed. It seems to make DarlingMan quite happy.

13. My favorite flower is the sunflower - big happy yellow ones.

14. Some of my favorite childhood activities (besides reading, of course) were playing with Legos and Matchbox cars, roller-skating, and bike riding.

15. My first car had a name: Marvin. My current car is Marv II (there were three cars in between).

16. I’ve gotten four speeding tickets in my life: two while an undergraduate, and two right after I moved to Utah.

17. I am not a fan of either beer or wine.

18. If I am going to have a drink it will involve either gin or tequila.

19. I unequivocally do not like mushrooms – they are fungus, and should not be eaten.

20. I am going to get married for the first time at age 40.

21. No, you won’t be invited – it will be a secret, and we’ll tell you afterwards.

22. I really don’t like being the center of attention, which is disharmonious with my various professional roles.

23. I love to write, but prefer academic/expository forms. Personal narrative is not my favorite genre.

24. I have never kept a diary/journal in a regular way.

25. Despite #s 23 and 24, I’m getting quite a lot of enjoyment from my blogging activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment