Monday, September 3, 2012

Menu Plan 8/26- 9/9, 2012

Well, school has started and I've made it though the first three weeks - which has included the first head/chest cold of the year and the first parent-teacher conferences of the year! I'm taking both math AND technology endorsement classes this year, so I have class two nights a week. And finally, as an elected Executive Board member of our local "education association" (because we theoretically don't have UNIONS in this state) I have meetings two or three times monthly. It's been busy!

Here's what we ate LAST week:

Sunday 8/26: Zesty Roasted Chicken, Ranch Potatoes (toss cut potatoes in olive oil and then sprinkle ranch dressing mix over them - we use this homemade version, roast in the oven until golden), green salad.

Monday 8/27: Spaghetti (whole wheat) with Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce, green salad, garlic bread sticks (from the grocery store bakery). [I had class]

Tuesday 8/28: Garlic Honey Chicken, egg noodles, green salad. [I had an association meeting.]

Wednesday 8/29: Ranch Pork Chops, egg noodles, green salad. [I had parent-teacher conferences after school until 8:00.]

Thursday 8/30: Baked Chicken and Bean Taquitos (from the freezer). [I had parent-teacher conferences after school until 8:00.]

Friday 8/31: Mr. Mamie and I ate out at our favorite Mexican restaurant.

Saturday 9/1: Mr. Mamie and I snacked at a local harvest fair and again later at the movies.

And here's what's going on this week:

Sunday 9/2: Orange Chicken (frozen, from Costco) and Yellow Rice.

Monday 9/3: Sausage Tortellini Soup, green salad, French bread.

Tuesday 9/4: Grilled "flat" Italian chicken (pound chicken breasts with a mallet and marinate in Italian salad dressing), rice or couscous, green salad.

Wednesday 9/5: BBQ Turkey Meatloaf, green salad, maybe some rolls or extra veggies. [I have class.]

Thursday 9/6: Spaghetti (whole wheat) with Bolognese sauce from the freezer (see link above), garlic toast, green salad. [I have class].

Friday 9/7: Grilled chedderwurst dogs, oven fries.

Saturday 9/8: Up in the air, depending our our activities - we're planning to attend a Preparedness Expo at the convention center, and then may take the dogs up to the mountains for an afternoon of frolicking.


~Mamie "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!" (Hunter S. Thompson)

No comments:

Post a Comment