Sunday, September 9, 2012

Menu Plan 9/9/12

This last week was more "normal" in terms of schedule, but I still had class on two nights - which IS the normal for this school year!

Saturday we didn't up going to the Preparedness Expo and then having a fun mountain adventure with the doggies, as we intended. Instead, five school colleagues who are also in my technology endorsement program came over for the afternoon so that Mr. Mamie could teach us how to use Google SketchUp for a class assignment. Let's just say we didn't receive adequate (or any!) instruction in the actual class, so we needed tutoring! That meant Saturday morning was spent cleaning, making food, arranging the dining room to accommodate six people with laptops, setting up wireless access for guests, and moving our flat screen TV and setting it up so that Mr. Mamie could use it as a giant display monitor. A fun time was had by all, everyone got a good start on their projects, and the food was yummy! We had tortilla chips and Blender Salsa, Zesty BBQ Chicken  served as sliders on awesome pretzel rolls from Costco, and brownies. Being a nerd is so much easier when there's excellent noshables! Here's the only photographic evidence of our hard work:

Yes, this is what teachers do on a Saturday afternoon!

This coming week has the usual classes and homework, on top of teaching the 24 mini-peeps all day long.  Here's the menu:

Sunday 9/9: Navajo Tacos  with lettuce, cheese, tomato, sour cream, etc. I make them with 1 pound of browned ground beef combined with one can of Bush's chili beans.The beef/beans combo yields plenty to freeze for another meal. I had planned something else but had a craving for Navajo Tacos, so....

Monday 9/10 (class night): Teriyaki Pork Chops on the grill, Rice-a-Roni "fried rice," green salad (yes, I'll be stooping to Rice-a-Roni more often than usual over the next few months!).

Tuesday 9/11: Chicken Tinga Tostadas with with lettuce, cheese, tomato, sour cream, etc., Mom's Arroz Mexicano.

Wednesday 9/12 (class night): CrockPot Chicken and White Bean Chili, corn bread, green salad.

Thursday 9/13: Cheeseburger Pie (nostalgia meal for me!), green beans, green salad.

Friday 9/14: Cheddarwurst turned into pigs-in-a-blanket (Mr. Mamie's nostalgia meal request), Bush's baked beans, green salad. I'm going to try the Neely's recipe - it actually sounds really yummy!

Saturday 9/15: Leaving it open until we see what we're doing!

Sunday 9/16: Planning to have the Chicken Tetrazini that we didn't have last week with green salad.

~Mamie "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!" (Hunter S. Thompson)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. um...ok...I deleted that post bc I totally read your menu wrong. So sad I missed the Navajo tacos tonight. And the Google training looked like a pretty darn good time, too! <3

      Delete
    2. Wish you WERE coming over for Navajo Tacos - except, we already at them! I realized I use TWO cans of beans with the meat though. Also, you can just do beans for a vegetarian option.

      Delete