Monday, May 10, 2010

A Meme for Monday

I got this from Mrs. Chili. Happy Monday everyone!

1. What’s your favorite Dr. Seuss book?
The Lorax and The Sneetches - it's really hard to pick between them!


2. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be?
Oooh, I've been fond of many... the Ingalls' home on Little House on the Prairie; the Bradfords' Sacramento home on Eight is Enough; and I kinda like Sheriff Taylor's house on The Andy Griffith Show, except the kitchen is cut off from everywhere else.

3. What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep?
On a road trip in college a friend and I drove from Eugene, OR to Seattle during the day; once I got to Seattle I met up with another friend and we stayed up all of that night; the next day he and I drove to Canada and took the ferry to Victoria and stayed all day; driving back to Seattle that night - after around 48 hours without sleep - I truly thought we were gonna DIE on I-5!

4. What’s your favorite Barry Manilow song?
Pretty much NONE.

5. Who’s your favorite Muppet?
 Oscar the Grouch, no contest!


6. What’s the habit you’re proudest of breaking?
If I could ever break one I would tell you!

7. What’s your favorite website?
So many to choose from... maybe Facebook? Or Post Secret? Or People of Walmart? Or RecipeeZaar?

8. What’s your favorite school supply?
Oh, you’re KIDDING me, RIGHT?!  I love them ALL!  Pens, sticky notes, binder clips, folders and tabs and poster tack and… [that was Chili's response, and it was PERFECT for me as well!]

9. Who’s your favorite TV attorney?
I really used to love Michael Kusack and Grace Van Owen on L.A. Law.
10. What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles?
Yesterday we went to the Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort on the eastern side of Zion National Park.


11. What’s the best bargain you’ve ever found at a garage sale or junk shop?
Not my usual shopping milleau, so I don't really have an answer. Best I can come up with is some purple fleece fabric (AKA "fetish material") I got at the East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse about 13 years ago.


12. Where were you on September 11, 2001?
At a staff retreat (for my old school in Oakland)  in a cabin on the Russian River in Guerneville, CA.

13. What’s your favorite tree?
The tree in my Grammie's front patio! (That's a picture of both the tree and Grammie below.)


14. What’s the most interesting biography you’ve read?
Perhaps Sylvia Plath...?


15. What do you order when you eat Chinese food?
Spicy beef, such as Hunan Beef from King Yen on College Blvd. in Berkeley.

16. What’s the best costume you’ve ever worn?
Either the Bubble Yum box that Mom and Ron made me in 3rd grade, or the bee suit my mom sewed for me the first year I taught.

17. What’s your least favorite word?
Hate.

18. If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be?
I would like to say Montana, but I don't want to be associated with that Hannah character. So maybe Kansas.


19. Who’s your favorite bear?
The Bill Martin Jr./Eric Carle polar bear.

20. Describe something that’s happened to you for which you have no explanation.
Hmmmmm, can't really think of one....

21. If you could travel anywhere in Africa, where would it be?
All over!

22. What did you have for lunch yesterday?
Organic corn chips, an organic apple, and water from my newest stainless steel Camelback bottle. It was a snacky-lunch, becasue we'd had a big breakfast prior to heading to Zion Ponderosa, and anticipated a nice dinner at the ranch, so no need for major lunching.


23. Where do you go for advice?
Mom used to be my main source; KathyP fills in pretty well. And of course - Mr. Mamie!


24. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
Thesaurus.

25. Have you ever been snorkeling? Scuba diving?
Neither. I would love to snorkel but not so sure about scuba.

1 comment:

  1. That was a better than average list of questions. I would like to know the Ingalls but I'm not so sure about living in their little house on the prairie. Is it cheating to pick a house from a show I never watched? Someone showed me a picture of that famous row of houses in San Francisco that she took because according to her it includes the "Full House" house. That's the TV show house I would want to live in.

    ReplyDelete