Random thoughts and photos, occasional recipes, some social commentary, and a fair bit of humor!
Friday, May 7, 2010
Lunchboxes
Everybody took "cold lunch" today, which equates to:
NIECE (back left, the black and grey one): 1/2 pita pocket filled with spring mix greens, shredded cheese, chopped ham, and a spray of balsamic dressing; 1/2 apple; Horizon organic yogurt "tube", small baggie of low-fat kettle chips; low-sugar granola bar; Honest Kids organic tropical flavored juice pouch.
NEPHEW (back right, light blue with stripes): two halves of pita pocket filled with spring mix greens, shredded cheese, chopped ham, and a smear of non-soybean oil mayonnaise; an apple; Horizon organic yogurt "tube", small baggie of low-fat kettle chips; low-sugar granola bar; Honest Kids organic grape flavored juice pouch.
MR. MAMIE (front right, navy blue and black): Container of spring mix salad; container of salad toppings that includes marinated artichoke hearts, banana peppers, chopped ham, and feta cheese; 1/2 apple; Camelback bottle with lemon water. He also has a stash of Kashi bars at work, along with a couple of hard-boiled eggs from earlier this week and some pomegranate salad dressing in the mini-fridge.
MAMIE (front left, red): Baggie of spring mix salad and container of feta cheese; container of grilled chicken and sweet chili linguine left-overs from dinner earlier this week; an apple; a Luna bar (vanilla-almond flavor); a cheddar cheese stick and one large organic multi-grain flat-bread cracker; two stainless-steel bottles, one with lemon water and one with iced Tazo black tea. I have a microwave at work to heat up food, and I keep a bottle of Annie's organic Goddess salad dressing on the fridge. I also transfer my food to "real" dishes before eating - a purple Fiestaware bowl and plate, plus real utensils.
Everybody gets a cloth napkin and a blue ice in their lunch, plus silverware as needed, all of which they are expected to bring home at the end of the day.
These are pretty good examples of the kinds of things we usually have in our lunch boxes. Sometimes there are homemade brownies, cookies, or muffins; sometimes it's homemade bread for sandwiches. I am the only one with access to heating food at work/school.
Labels:
Food
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's not a lunch box! This is a lunch box:
ReplyDeleteLittle House on the Prairie lunch box
They no longer exist, you say? Wrong:
Harry Potter lunch boxes
I would sooooooooooo have either a Little House on the Prairie or a Harry Potter lunch box!!!
ReplyDeleteWe actually just bought Niece a cool new lunch-bag-thingie in Tarjay... pix to come.
I picked those 2 especially for you.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny. No matter how poor we were, I had to have a new lunch box every year of elementary school, and now I can't remember which ones I had. Grease? Hardy Boys? Bionic Woman?