Monday, January 3, 2011

Snow again!

Yes, it snowed AGAIN, and yes, I took pictures AGAIN! I can't help myself, I really do love snow. I need to live somewhere where they get a LOT and maybe I'll get over it. In the meantime, I take tons of pictures!

Today was a prep day at school, so only teachers were there, no kids. Because of the road conditions there's a good chance that we would have had a snow day anyway.  I didn't have to be to school until 9:00 a.m., so that gave me plenty of time to take pictures.

This is what it looked like when I got up this morning:
 Front patio.

 A dog who let me know that he was NOT impressed with the cold, wet, sticky patio and yard.

 Vine on the back wall, covered in snow.

Globe willow in the back yard.


This is right before I left: 
The same vine, a little later.
  
Over the back wall.

The globe willow and beyond to the hills.

My car, in a snow blanket.
So lucky to have a nice man to clear it off!

Have to wonder about his choice of clothing/footwear, though....

Here are some "windshield shots" as I drove to school: 
Driving down the highway.

The landscape right after turning off the highway. This is looking to the west.

Here's what the school looked like:
Back (north) side of the school.

East side of the school. Four years ago, when I taught 5th grade, my door was the one on the far right.

 Front of the school.

And then it was time to get some work done... there will be a post on that topic coming on Friday!

~Mamie "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!" (Hunter S. Thompson)

No comments:

Post a Comment