Sunday, October 26, 2014

Menu Plan 10/27 - 11/2, 2014

This week is interesting. GolfDad has cellulitis (a staph infection of the skin) and has to spend 2+ hours every early morning and another 2+ hours every late afternoon getting IV antibiotics at the IV therapy lab at the hospital.  This has been going on for three - four weeks, but recently he's been having some extreme light sensitivity/blurry vision issues (probably a side effect of all the antibiotics), so one or both of us has been driving him back and forth to the hospital, which is a 30 mile round-trip.  The evening infusion really interferes with a "normal" dinner time. Also, he's pretty worn out from all the treatment, the pain from the infection, the travel to and from, etc., so I have also been basically performing a "meals-on-wheels" service for him and delivering a meal each day that he can heat up.

SO, I had to get creative for this week. I made the tortellini soup that was on last week's menu today, as planned, but we ate it for "linner" as about 2:30 in the afternoon. That soup makes a LOT, by the way! Mr. Mamie, GrandmaT, our friend PhotoKay (who was over for a couple of hours today) and I all had big helpings; I took enough for two meals over to GolfDad's house; and the three people who live here all have lunch for tomorrow!

Also today I made two other meals that we ALL (including GolfDad) can eat for the next couple days: White Chicken Taco Chili and Honey Sesame Chicken (along with a big pot of white rice) - both of those made enough for lunch/dinner for all four of use for Monday and Tuesday.

Wednesday will be another CrockPot meal that can be delivered to GolfDad and which should provide dinner and then lunch the next day for everyone: CrockPot Cheesy Pasta and Beef (I'll brown the ground beef the night before, and then put it together Wednesday morning).

Thursday I have a teeth-cleaning appointment, so after that I'm planning to make turkey tacos because they got bumped last week (we had Costco pizza one night).  See last week's menu for details on those.

Friday is Halloween. Mr. Mamie and I traditionally have a "date night" on Halloween - I live within the attendance boundaries of my school, and in order to keep the number of kids who know exactly where my house is from growing exponentially, I prefer NOT to be home handing out candy!

Saturday I'm planning to make Three-Cheese Beef Enchiladas during the day. It will probably be a "linner" situation again. We really like homemade enchilada sauce from the same site that the enchilada recipe is from. It's soooooo easy to make and yummier than canned sauce. I have cream cheese to use up, which is one reason I'm going with this particular enchilada recipe.

Sunday it's going to be pot roast with carrots and potatoes in the CrockPot. I usually do the "three envelope roast" approach - it's kinda weird-seeming but it turns out great!

Have a good week... hopefully things are going to calm down around here!

~Mamie "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!" (Hunter S. Thompson)

No comments:

Post a Comment