Sunday, January 22, 2012

What I'm reading

This morning I finished



This was a good continuation of the Inspector Lynley story with a complicated mystery and interesting setting.  The ending is a total set-up for the next novel, which will clearly feature DS Havers in the main role. I'm already anticipating it!

The rest of my day has been non-productive in terms of chores of school work, because I immediately got sucked into


I was an early, devoted Cornwell fan, and have read the Scarpetta books since the beginning. However, I have not enjoyed the last few, and was skeptical about this one. Scarpetta is still paranoid, but I'm finding her much less bitchy than she has been recently. The story pulled me in - obviously, since I've read 211 pages today - and I'm enjoying the read so far. We'll see what I think at the end!


~Mamie "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!" (Hunter S. Thompson)

1 comment:

  1. Just finished Book Two of the Hunger Games! Ugh!! It's like driving by a train wreck, but I can't stop myself. Book Three is CALLING ME, but I'm trying to take a breath before I get sucked back in for another 48 hours.

    ReplyDelete