Sunday, May 29, 2011

What I'm reading...

I finished Courting Trouble yesterday. Getting through it had become a bit of a chore, unfortunately. Definitely NOT Scottoline's best effort in the "Rosato & Associates" series. There were a few good twists and surprises, but overall it was too far-fetched with regard to the main character's persona and actions.

Happily, on Thursday I picked up four books at the library that I had requested: A Girl Named Zippy and She Got Up Off the Couch, both memoirs by Haven Kimmel that were recommended by Wide Lawns; Freakonomics, which has some wacky and controversial ideas but which for some reason rivets me every time I read bits of it while at Barnsie; and the newest book in the Ali Reynolds series by J. A. Jance, Fatal Error.  I'm already a third of the way through it and so far it's a very satisfying read. More comments on this later, I'm sure!



~Mamie "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!" (Hunter S. Thompson)

1 comment:

  1. Have I mentioned how very happy I am that you are on summer vacation and posting stuff on your blog everyday?!? Well, I am. It's nice to hear from you more frequently.

    ReplyDelete