Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Favorite Things - Front Patio


One of the nicest features of our house is a good-sized front patio. It is north-facing, so we can see the mountains, and it gets good light in both the morning and early evening.  We have a huge cottonwood tree and a red-tipped photina that has grown up quite nicely to provide shade and a wind break to the west.  Travellin'Dad and CrochetMom gave me a wonderful, large, round glass outdoor table and four awesome chairs (much nicer that I could have afforded) when they moved, and we've got a fabulous umbrella to go in the middle of the table. Mr. Mamie's favorite thing is our burnished metal tiki torch, for which I recently created a cool stand out of a basket (inherited from the Wombat), some lava rocks (free from the field next door), and some glass pebbles (also inherited from the Wombat). I'll have to take a picture and do a post on just the tiki torch!  We love to eat on the patio, including breakfast on school mornings in the spring and fall. Wireless computers and a good homework network mean we're connected outside if we want to be - so I can do my lesson planning out there, too!



~Mamie "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!" (Hunter S. Thompson)

No comments:

Post a Comment