Friday, May 13, 2011

What I'm reading...

On the couch next to me right now - hilariously written!

Finally started this last Sunday night when I couldn't sleep.  I'd had it in the house for a couple of YEARS, but for some reason it never "spoke" to me. However, I ended up HOOKED from the beginning, and read 70 pages the first night!  I expect that we'll go see the movie as son as school's out, which is barreling up fast.


Also quite hilarious; read it in one fell swoop last night. 

My current professional reading. I've had it since last fall, but have been too overwhelmed to even think about changes in the literacy structure in my classroom (especially with this year's new curriculum adoption). However, now that I'm thinking about next fall, I'm ready to take it on. I read about half of it last weekend, and am definitely thinking in new directions.


I've got more contemporary fiction, professional reading, trashy mysteries, and classics lined up and waiting... can;t wait for the summer to arrive so I can plunge in!

~Mamie "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!" (Hunter S. Thompson)

1 comment:

  1. I'm passing back and forth between Pillars of the Earth and Peace Like a River (which I read last fall - and LOVED - and so chose to make my last read with my juniors and seniors).

    I read (and listened to) Water for Elephants. It was the first book I'd both read with my eyes and 'read' on audio book in the car - I'd pick up the book wherever the CD last left off, then fast-forward the CD to where I'd stopped reading. I enjoyed it very much, but perhaps not so much to make me see the movie in the theatres; I'll wait until it comes out in my local RedBox.

    ReplyDelete