Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sing a Rainbow 2012

Last week was the annual first grade musical program, "Sing a Rainbow."  In addition to our usual speaking parts, "soloists" (one group of four kids from each class who sing part of each color song), and rhythm stick players, we added  30 ribbon twirlers and 12 drummers. This made it so that EVERY CHILD had a "special" part, which was awesome!

The kids start learning the songs at the begging of the school year, and continue through the spring.  For the last two weeks we had special rehearsals where each teachers worked with one of the groups - I somehow ended up as the drum leader!

Here's a shot of the main group in one of dress rehearsal performances for the other classes at school.  Since I was using the iPhone, I didn't even have a wide enough shot to fit everyone in (the "orange kids" got cut off on the right). The drummers were in chairs, six to a side, spreading out from the risers.


And here are five TIRED teachers - this is after a week of rehearsals and performances, after striking the set, and after our little "post party" of pop, Red Vines, and cheddar popcorn!


I work with the BEST TEAM EVER!

~Mamie "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!" (Hunter S. Thompson)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Hope your next few winding down weeks are wonderful!! Happy almost summer.

    ReplyDelete