Here it is, Tuesday again... seems like Tuesday just happened, like about a week ago...
Anyway, being that I just got back from my state's annual gifted education conference, I thought I'd base my T-T-T on that experience. We were very fortunate to have Dr. Del Siegle of the University of Connecticut as our keynote speaker on the final day of the conference. Dr. Siegle is also currently the president of the National Association for Gifted Children. He gave a wonderful talk on the "Gifted Children's Bill of Rights" which I have decided to share with you.
You have a right...
1. To know about your giftedness.
2. To learn soemthing new every day.
3. To be passionate about your talent area without apologies.
4. To have an identity beyond your talent area.
5. To feel good about your accomplishments.
6. To make mistakes.
7. To seek guidance in the development of your talent.
8. To have multiple peer groups and a variety of friends.
9. To choose which of your talent areas you wish to pursue.
10. Not to be gifted at everything.
~Del Siegle
No comments:
Post a Comment