Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Meme

As always, thanks to Mrs. Chili for providing good stuff to steal (which she, in turn, steals form others...)


1. What is your favorite color?

PURPLE, always purple!

2. Have you ever slapped someone?


Not that I remember. Slapping seems so petty and gratuitously violent.

3. Is your hair curly?
It has quite a bit of natural curl and wave… and some "cowlicks" in inopportune places.

4. What was the last CD you bought?

Physical CD? NO idea! Possibly "Supernatural" by Carlos Santana. I've been an all-iTunes girl for quite awhile now.  I think the last full album I bought on iTunes (that wasn't kids' music for school) was the "Hope for Haiti" compilation.

5. Do looks matter?
Truly, no. Cleanliness does though!

6. Could you ever forgive a cheater?


What type of cheating?  I have dealt with certain types as a teacher… as for the more intimate variety, I don't know.  That's hard to predict or imagine.

7. Is your phone bill sky high?

No, though I think we're being robbed blind by the landline phone company.

8. Do you like your life right now?

Yes, except for the lack of my mom, which I still feel acutely.

9. Do you sleep with the TV on?
Our ritual is to get in bed, set the TV timer for 30 or 60 minutes, and watch an episode or two of "King of the Hill" (which we TiVo daily).  We pause the TV to comment and chat, and then snuggle up and drift off when the TV timer turns off.

10. Can you handle the truth?
I hope so. I try to.

11. Do you have good vision?

No, terrible. I have worn glasses since age 8 and contacts since age 16. Lately I seem to need reading glasses on top of my contacts... depressing.

12. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?

I try to avoid that type of negativity. I am "processing" some very angry feelings toward one individual right now (don't worry, it's none of YOU), but hope to reach a place of closure soon. Yes, I know, that was very…. "something"-sounding.

13. How often do you talk on the phone?

Daily. Not my favorite pastime, but it's part of life, so there ya go.

14. The last person you held hands with?
Mr. Mamie, often!

15. What are you wearing?
Black t-shirt, charcoal gray knit skirt, black flip-flops.

16. What is your favorite animal?
Aside from Beagle and Laprador? Penguins!

17. Where was your favorite picture taken?

Zion National Park, May 1, 2010: The "foot picture" from when the Mamies got hitched!



18. Can you hula hoop?

Sorta. Kinda. Maybe.



19. Do you have a job?

1st grade teacher and university adjunct instructor.

20. What have you most recently bought?

A cold, delicious fountain diet Dr. Pepper.

21. Have you ever crawled through a window?


Not that immediately comes to mind, but it's entirely possible that I am banishing such an event from my active memories!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does hula hooping on Wii Fit count? The last CD I bought (Iris Dement) cost 50 cents at a thrift shop.

    ReplyDelete